Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life as a Basketball Game


My LTL friend Ishita Garg sent me her poem,which is so motivating and hence took her permission to post on blog-



"There is a basket, my ball has to reach.
No matter how high ,it is in the sky
Every time ,when I attempt to score
I throw the ball ,with a mighty force
The ball hits the ring, and falls back again.
And I am left to try, and do the same again
The basket in the sky, sways and swings
As if teasing me ,of the blowing wind
I smile at it ,and ask her to wait
The next time I come ,she will have her bait
The next day ,I was back
With a steady mind ,ready to attack
I gave her my salute ,before I could start
And then after gathering ,all my power
I shot the ball ,up in the air
And saw it ,reach there
There in the basket ,I had made the score
With nothing left ,but happiness to store......"











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very motivating/motivated poem! Keep up budding poetess.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written and expressed one's imagination! The poet has so much to say through a basketball game, on how to achieve the goal in one's life.
Very beautiful and motivating poem!
Loved the lines "The basket in the sky, sways and swings
As if teasing me ,of the blowing wind
I smile at it ,and ask her to wait"

Unknown said...

a very inspiring and reallistic poem....and also very practical...motivating..philosphical

Neha said...

Hey Ishita its a very lovely poem... very explicitly written on a game like basketball...giving you a new perspective of the game...Keep writting so beautiful!!!