Wednesday, November 25, 2009

new book-1

Ist post onThe book " Light the Lamp Within- 99 ways to build and live a beautiful, fulfilling and successful life", is placed below-




1...
Light the Lamp Within


Lighting the lamp within means, attaining our potential. Potential as given in Chamber’s Dictionary means possibility of successful development. All of us have this possibility. However, we have to be exploring and finding it within ourselves. We all have capabilities, many of which ,we are aware of but there are many more, we are not aware of. Knowing these and developing these creates a lot of positive energy and enlightens us to work for and achieve all what we can in our life. This is what defines the message “Light the Lamp Within”.
The very purpose of life is attaining our maximum potential. For this, the very first thing we have to do is to “Know Self”. Knowing self means knowing my strengths, my areas of improvement, my competencies and constantly exploring and testing myself in new areas to become aware of our capabilities not yet known to me.

After this, I have to decide, where I wish to take my life; which means deciding my goals and direction of life. I keep asking in my workshops the question “ Whether you will go ,where life takes you ,or you will take your life, where you wish to take it.” The adults take time to respond but youth & children immediately say “Will take it, where I wish to take it.” Working with them makes me happy and look for hope and future, which they have in abundance. Contrary to it adults mostly have past and regrets and they often talk about these. However, giving a direction to life and setting goals will mean taking ownership of life, ownership of myself , responsibility of my actions and subsequently for the results of these actions instead of placing onus on luck, circumstances or others.
The final step is living the journey of life and taking it with passion, energy and enthusiasm and utilizing every moment, every ounce of energy and investing these happily in pursuit of my life’s goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good!